waiting for the water taxi in Fowey
hello! i’m dan kelly.
i’m a writer based in somerset.
i freelance as a
- copywriter (Human Rights Watch, various charities)
- proofreader & editor (University of Oxford, various charities)
- content & marketing strategist (Hatchards Bookshop, London Film School)
- festival programmer & event planner (Waterstones, Mayor of London)
in my career, i have
- raised £91k for charity with digital campaign strategies (& lots of running).
- increased online bookshop sales sevenfold by writing & implementing content & social media strategies; produced the UK’s first literary festival focused on Burma.
- directed & filmed & marketed a short documentary about an arts course for people with learning disabilities, screened at Tate Britain & raising £750k.
i write on my blog / instagram / twitter about what i’ve been / will be reading & watching & listening to, loosely inspired by the repeating seasons - as are the current pantone colours of my website: island paradise, june bug, and hot coral for summer solstice. ☀️
to get in touch,