waiting for the water taxi in Fowey, 2019
hello! i’m dan kelly.
i’m a writer based in somerset & london.
i also freelance as a
- copywriter (Human Rights Watch, various charities)
- content & marketing strategist (Hatchards Bookshop, London Film School)
- proofreader & editor (University of Oxford, various publishers)
- festival programmer & event planner (Waterstones, Mayor of London)
in my career, i have
- raised £91k for charity with digital campaign strategies (& running a lot).
- created & produced the UK’s first literary festival to be focused on Burma.
- increased online bookshop sales sevenfold with content & social media strategies.
- directed & filmed & marketed a short documentary about an arts course for people with learning disabilities, screened at Tate Britain & raising £750k. Saatchi Gallery praised my ‘natural eye for a story’.
i write on my blog / instagram about what i’ve been / will be reading & watching & listening to, loosely inspired by the rolling seasons - as are the current pantone colours of my website: island paradise, june bug, and hot coral for summer solstice. ☀️
to get in touch,