waiting for the water taxi in Fowey
hello! i’m dan kelly.
i’m a writer based near bristol.
i’ve freelanced as a
- copywriter (Human Rights Watch, various charities)
- proofreader & editor (University of Oxford, various universities)
- content & marketing strategist (Hatchards Bookshop, London Film School)
- festival director & event planner (Waterstones, Mayor of London)
in my career, i have
- increased a bookshop’s event programme from 15 > 125 events per year & annual revenue from £15k > £145k & online bookshop sales sevenfold by writing & managing social media strategies; produced the UK’s first literary festival focused on Burma.
- directed & filmed & marketed a short documentary about an arts course for people with learning disabilities, premiered at Tate Britain & raising £750k.
- raised £91k for charity with digital campaigns (& lots of running).
i write about what i’ve been (& will be) reading & watching & listening to in scraps & rushes & notes on this website, on instagram, and on twitter, loosely inspired by the seasons - as are the current pantone colours of my website: island paradise, june bug, and hot coral for summer solstice. ☀️
to get in touch,